Whether you're managing a chronic condition or looking for urgent or routine care, the Internal Medicine doctors at Harbor View Medical Services can help.
Each of our doctors is board-certified in Internal Medicine and has the experience and expertise you expect in a primary care provider. Our doctors focus on the care of adults of all ages.
Importantly, our doctors also care about you as a person. They'll take the time to get to know you, and they'll tailor the care they offer to your needs and goals.
What Internal Medicine Doctors Do
An Internal Medicine doctor provides primary care for adults. Here are a few of the things that Harbor View's Internal Medicine doctors focus on:
- Diagnosing and caring for health problems. If you have symptoms like shortness of breath, back pain or mental health concerns, your doctor can help find the cause and prescribe the right treatment.
- Providing preventive care. Your Internal Medicine doctor will recommend screenings—like cholesterol tests and cancer checks—based on your age and risk factors. He or she will also explain the results of those tests and help you decide on any actions you may need to take.
- Coordinating care with other providers. Our doctors work closely with specialists who are part of Harbor View Medical Services. We also maintain active working relationships with specialists across Long Island and Manhattan.
- Caring for chronic medical illnesses. Your Internal Medicine doctor can offer ongoing care for a number of illnesses, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and emphysema.
Our Doctors' Offices
Harbor View's Internal Medicine doctors practice at several locations.
In Port Jefferson, NY
- Mather Primary Care at Port Jefferson. Call 631.686.1414 for an appointment.
- Port Jefferson Internal Medicine. Call 631.331.1000 for an appointment.
In Port Jefferson Station, NY
- Mather Primary Care at Washington Park. Call 631.686.1414 for an appointment.
In Rocky Point, NY
- Mather Primary Care at Rocky Point. Call 631.821.0200 for an appointment.