Yearly Wellness Visit
By Harbor View Medical Services, PC
A yearly wellness visit is a great way to help you stay healthy.
What happens during a yearly wellness visit?
The doctor or nurse will first ask you to fill out a questionnaire called a "health risk assessment." Your answers will help you and the doctor or nurse get the most from your yearly wellness visit.
During your visit, the doctor or nurse will:
- Go over your health risk assessment with you
- Ask about your medical and family history
- Measure your height and weight
- Check your blood pressure
- Ask about other doctors you see and any medicines you take
- Give advice to help you prevent disease, improve your health, and stay well
The doctor or nurse will give you a short written plan – like a checklist – to take home with you. This plan will include any screening tests and other preventive services that you will need over the next 5 to 10 years. Preventative services are health care services that keep you from getting sick.
Kindly, call Port Jefferson Internal Medicine to schedule your yearly wellness visit.