Mather Primary Care is recognized as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
A PCMH is a primary care practice that provides expanded access to quality care and helps you live a longer, healthier life. The benefits of a PCMH include care from a dedicated team and more time to build a strong relationship with your physician. We offer same-day appointments and 24-hour phone and online access.
As your care team, you can expect us to:
- Respect your values, needs, and culture
- Give you equal access to care regardless of source of payment
- Provide care based on current medical standards
- Give you support and education to be successful
- Help you set goals to improve your health
- Create a plan to help achieve your health goals
- Track and coordinate the care that you receive from other doctors
- Explain test results and tell you what steps to take
- Recommend immunizations that will be most beneficial
- Stay in contact to help keep you on the right track with your care plan
- Assist and guide you with behavioral health services
- Provide continuity of care and collaborate with other providers on your behalf
- Release medical records at your request
To request a release of your medical records, call 631.686.1414 and ask for medical records.
You Are Very Important to Our Medical Team
Mather Primary Care provides comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients through our programs in health promotion, disease prevention, and the treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions. We are pioneers in the integration of behavioral health into primary care.
Mather Primary Care addresses behavioral health by screening for depression. Options such as therapy and/or prescriptions are discussed based on the screening results.
Further services for behavioral health are offered at Mather Hospital, which is affiliated with Harbor View Medical Services, for both inpatient and outpatient care. Mather Hospital's outpatient services include a mental health clinic, eating disorder program and chemical dependency program.
If you'd like more information about Mather Hospital's behavioral health services, contact:
- Inpatient: Adults 631.476.2830 and adolescents 631.476.2775
- Outpatient: Adolescents and adults 631.473.3877
As a patient, we ask that you:
- Come ready with any questions
- Tell us how you're feeling
- Ask us about things you don't understand
- Take an active role in your plan of care
- Track your progress toward your goals
- Give us a complete medical history
- Let us know when you receive care outside of our office
- Give us a list of medications and vitamins that you take
- Give us feedback so we may always work to give you the best care
- Provide your primary care provider's name and contact information to your other healthcare providers